ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Monday, September 14, 2015

View continued...

So what else do I see in him? I see a consistent doer, not a talker. I see a man who, from all outward appearances, has had a seemingly drama free life and who has no baggage. But the thing is, we all have baggage, just in different ways and different degrees. I see a man who, either because of, or in spite of his critical father, chose to become a man of unwavering integrity. I see someone who doesn't quite understand how incredible he is. Not for one moment has he shown himself to be anything but genuine. If anything, he says, I'm only me, or I'm just being me. He speaks highly of his mama. He speaks respectfully yet honestly of his dad. It is apparent he loves his niece and nephew. And it is more apparent by the videos I saw that his niece adores him. Animals also love him. If I believe anything in this life, based on my own experriences, it is that I sometimes trust children and animals more than myself. They haven't yet been jaded or tainted by this harsh and cold and cruel world. They still have an innocence about them. It speaks volumes when children and pets don't like someone. Children, other than Andrew's niece have commented about him. My littles have commented. They ask to talk to him or see him. They want to show him things or say hi. Then, Xander's godmama showed her boys the picture of us on facebook and the boys said he looked really nice and also said they'd like to meet him.

More little details... I found our silences said just as much as our actual conversations. It is rare to find someone who you can sit in silence with and still be comfortable.

:) I was once asked what it is that I look for in a partner and potential spouse. My answer has changed more times than I can count. But this time it's a great deal different. Suffice it to say I have done enough things wrong to finally know the right. Things that to me are important, would be similar views on Faith, family and politics. Breaking it down a bit more would be the same rite of practice and someone who prays and who sees the value in praying together. Someone who's family values are similar... Wants children, has similar views on how to raise them, similar views on the roles of a husband and wife. And with politics... Someone who is aware.

And again, what sets him apart and what do I see in him? All those things he thinks are so common... Perhaps they should be, however, they aren't. In a different world, in a better world, there would be more men like him. He is a diamond in the rough and part of his beauty and charm and grace comes from the fact that he is humble about it and doesn't see himself as anything extraordinary. 

He prays, he initiates prayer with us, he shows me on a consistent basis that he cares for me. It speaks volumes to have someone who initiates most contact. It shows they are thinking of you enough to text or call, but not to the point of an obsession.

I have always had a difficult time allowing people, even my own family, to just do something for me. Previous life experience has taught me to be cautious of anyone who offers something because they most likely want something in return. That is why I never allowed anyone to pay for me. I don't want to be indebted to anyone.With Andrew, I never felt that way.

He is such an incredibly open minded, good hearted, free thinker. I love that he challenges me to continue questioning. I love that he doesn't think my thoughts are so crazy and off the wall like most do. I don't at all have the fear that I will starve emotionally, mentally, or in any other way. I appreciate the fact that he seems to understand that it takes two whole people to have a whole and healthy relationship. I love the fact that he is supportive of me as a mom and massage therapist. The little things, like him randomly telling me I am a good mom and a good person, tell me that he truly appreciates me.

He isn't afraid to step out of his comfort zone, and that's the forst sign of someone who isn't afraid to grow himself. He never has to claim to be an alpha person, because a true alpha person doesn't need to convince anybody. They just are. Their actions prove it. And his repeatedly prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment