ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bonds

It is often said that love is the tie that binds. I believe the same can be said of friendship. I think that friendship is the true tie that binds. It has been said that love risks degenerating into obsession or becoming something unhealthy. Love can not only turn into obsession, but it can also turn to hate. With friendship, it is nothing more than the purest form of love, in my opinion. A true friend only ever wants what is best for you. They want to see you succeed & become the best you that you can offer to the world. Love comes and goes... or, maybe changes would be the better word, but true friendship lasts a lifetime & beyond.
When & why does love change? Is it because we change? Is it because we grow together or apart or not at all? When does the love become unhealthy? How do you determine if is has? Drawing on my own past experiences, I think that love is at the root of all true friendships & regardless of the outcome & how it effects or even affects you, true love & friendship will always want what is best for the other.
In a non romantic manor of speaking, does the same apply? I think it does. I think that if you love someone on any level, you are going to want that person to be the best they can. You are going to see the potential in them, even if they don't necessarily see it for themselves. I think that a true friend doesn't always do something only to expect something else in return. If you see a friend in need, the natural reaction would be to help them any way you could. No questions asked, you just help and be there for them. The particular situation I am discussing is a friend who has so much to offer the world but she is so bogged down with the weight of the world on her shoulders that she has lost sight of herself & her hopes & dreams. She is also going through a breakup which most people don't seem to understand. I have offered to have her come stay with me to regain her bearings & focus on herself for a while. Why would I offer this many people may ask. I suppose it is because I feel her pain & I know somewhat about what she is going through & the pain she is experiencing. I can relate. I also know that a little kindness can go a long way. I know that when I was in a tight spot, I found people who truly & genuinely loved me. These people banded together & helped me without question & when they knew I had nothing to offer them in return. I admired them & always felt that if a friend of mine was in trouble in any way, shape or form, that I would help them out in any way I could. Do I expect anything in return? Absolutely not! Only that she use the time to better herself. Of course, as I mentioned to her, it is partly selfish on my part. I will be glad to have an amazing friend here with me.

Speaking of bonds, the past year, I have been most fortunate to reconnect with some family that I don't recall ever having met in the past. With my cousin, from the moment we began getting to know each other, I felt like she was a kindred spirit. We have more in common every time I turn around & she has a  great deal of the same thoughts & opinions as I do. I believe we are truly connected on a spiritual plane in amazing way & that the more we learn about each other, the closer we grow. I am not one who trusts all too easily, however, with her, there was never any doubt & I immediately trusted her. I am so thankful for my cousin Erika because she is an amazing & beautiful individual who I cannot wait to get to know better as the time goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment