ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Saturday, May 12, 2012

MonaVie... Gratitude Journal

Where do I even begin? Another thing to add to my Gratitude Journal. ♥ MonaVie! Truly a blessing in oh so many ways! First off, it has assisted me in my journey to healthy living & my entire lifestyle change. Even pregnant, I am healthier than I have been in at least a decade if not more! I am also smaller pregnant, than I have been in the past 5 or 6 years. I believe this is the most exciting journey of my life right now, of which I am grateful for every bit of! I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy baby, most especially. I am thankful for the newness I see in so many things as I attempt to see things from different perspectives to assist Miya in making every part of her experience a beautiful experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of an amazing company. The people that have come into my life by way of this amazing company, have enriched it beyond. People who are genuine & good & kind-hearted, full of positivity, inspiration & motivation. I am proud to be a part of that.


Let me begin with my story. Initially, I was signed up by my beautiful surrogate sister, Jacinta, on a whim. MonaVie was doing a promo & distributors got in for free, so she asked & I agreed, not having a clue what I agreed to. Months later, I decided to look into this company that I was a "Distributor" for. I read a little info & decided to try the juice. I was just in the process of making some huge lifestyle changes for myself.  Thanks to a dear friend of mine, Amanda, I decided to join her in her quest to lose weight & become healthy. I was Detoxifying my life... ridding it of everything toxic... from relationships, to food, etc... all toxicity had to go. I had to change my habits. I had to find a way to maintain a workout routine. Right around this same time, I was 300 lbs & I found out I was prediabetic. My naturopathic doctor put me on HCG. I felt it was necessary to get out of the prediabetic stages & then I could focus on what I had intended all along... getting healthy. So, I lost 30 lbs on HCG & got out of the prediabetic range. The naturopathic doctor suggested I do another round of HCG. I was ready to do it, but still not too sure about it. I opted against it because I was not just wanting to lose weight & reset my weight set point, I was wanting to fix the root of the problem. I eliminated mostly everything in my diet & went to eating organic fruits & veggies, mostly. When meat was consumed, it was grass fed, organic meats.  I then began researching further into health & fitness. Through the course of my journey, I lost a total of 100 lbs. I learned so much about health & my own misconceptions about these things. The body wants to heal itself. Our bodies are not intended to be used the way we use (& abuse) them. I am currently pregnant & still healthier than I have been in over a decade. Even pregnant, I am also still smaller than I have been it at least 5 or 6 years.


Now that you have heard my journey of returning to health, let me tell you about the rest. So, when I began drinking MonaVie, I didn't notice much at first & not for like a month and a half. However, I eventually realized that I was able to maintain a workout longer than what I had been able to do in the past & my knee wasn't as cranky as it had been, especially when I would work out. My workouts became easier & I was able to go longer without the pain I had previously experienced. I know that between the MonaVie & Active Release Techniques, That is what got me to the point of being able to maintain a workout again.


So, back to MonaVie... When I began ordering the juice, Jacinta contacted me saying her friend Erin wanted to meet me. I agreed & she asked me at our very first encounter what my hopes & dreams were. I didn't really have any at that point... or at least none that I had really thought of. I told Erin I just wanted to drink the juice & it would be nice to have it paid for, but I never really went any further than that. So, a few years later, with changed circumstances, we are back at square one! :) I came home for a visit & went with my sister to Erin's for another tasting. As we sat there, I thought back to the initial question I was asked about 2 1/2 years earlier. I thought about my life & my baby girl who is scheduled to arrive soon. I decided right then & there I did have goals & dreams & I was ready to achieve them. I thought about wanting to take time off work but knowing that any time I take will be on my own dime because we don't get paid maternity leave. So, unless I want us to be living on the streets, I need to make things happen or I won't have a choice about going back to work. So, again, right then & there I made a choice to reach a goal. I want to know that by the end of March, I am financially stable... That when I go back to work, it is by choice, not out of necessity. That we will have a savings & that we can afford our property with our dome home & also be able to afford to take trips when we feel like it & for however long we want. Most importantly, I want to be at peace knowing that Miya is provided for in every aspect of her life, to note, emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally, materially.


Since I made this decision, I have been nothing but overwhelmed, in a wondeful way... by the people that have come into my life. I have never been more proud to say that I am surrounded by people who truly inspire in every sense of the word. Completely amazing people! They are helping me get my business off the ground, up & running, achieving my goals & dreams. & not only that, but they are some of the most incredible people I have ever met! These most kind & generous people help out simply because they can. Before they had even really known me, they were already helping me.



No comments:

Post a Comment