ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas & What It Means..

What does Christmas mean to you? To me, it is first & foremost Jesus' birthday. Then, it is family & friends being together. It is Love... Pure, uncomplicated, selfless love. No strings attached. Lots of laughter with my niece & nephew... watching them open their gifts. It is baking & cooking, drinking & eating. Sitting around the fire,playing games, telling stories. Watching Christmas movies, including National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation... mind you, the BEST Christmas movie ever! Christmas is about Carols. It's about giving & sharing... giving of yourself & sharing with those less fortunate. SNOWFLAKES, decorating the tree, snowball fights, Egg Nog, Mistletoe, Wreaths, big fuzzy sweaters, hats & scarves, Ice Skating, Spiced Wine, knitting. Christmas also means the beginning of something wonderful... a bright future,  a New Year.... Resolutions, new goals.

With all this, I am so grateful, yet at the same time, I am feeling so alone. Not that I'm feeling sorry for my self, just that I feel like I am out of place... like I am not sure where I belong right now. I feel the love from so many of my amazing friends & family, yet I still feel like I'm alone. Not lonely by any means, simply alone. The difference between lonely & being alone. I believe one can be lonely and not be alone. One can be surrounded by people... truly wonderful people, yet still feel so alone. How do I shake this feeling???

No comments:

Post a Comment