ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Saturday, September 03, 2011

And So The Journey Begins

Alright, so the first place we went seems pretty good. I was comfortable at Skagit Natural Family Medicine. Lisa Litton was the Nurse Practitioner/ Midwife we met with. I was able to ask her about the family health history, including me still being more overweight than I would have liked & also the chances of diabetes, etc... she was very knowledgeable & answered both your Papa's & my questions. She is totally for prenatal massage throughout & they don't offer pain killers at the clinic. They include the parents to be in the decision making process when it comes to anything like testing & birth decisions, etc... We have the option of doing a home birth or using the birthing center. Michelle Antonich is a Naturopathic doctor & a licensed midwife. We would get to know both of the ladies so that we were comfortable with them both. Your Papa said he liked the place & he was happy because he asked Lisa a question she hadn't been asked before. 


I will still go to the other appointment with the ob/gyn, however, if I am told to go with my gut, my gut tells me that I am not going to find someone who is open to the holisitic side of things the way I am. I am not ruling anything out yet either. I really wish your Papa could go with me, because I need his input too, & I am not sure if this appointment is just going to be a meet & greet kind of thing or if they are going to actually do anything, like an ultrasound or anything else. I suppose we shall see. In the meantime, I need to trust that my gut will tell me whether it's a good thing or it's a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment