ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Focus

Up until now, I've lived my life alone.
But I've had a taste of sweetness
When they came into my life.
For the one, as quickly as he had gone,
He was back.
I remember life without him,
Yet it's all become such a blur.
I think back to when he wasnt there
And try to remember what it was like;
And it just seems to make this time more dear.
I've learned to appreciate and love him more,
I've taken it all to heart.
And thank God for giving me the courage to make the start.
I saw in his eyes tremendous love and regret.
I wish I could ease his pain,
Yet all I can say is, " It's over." and "I cherish the chance we now get."
The other came into my life just as fast.
He taught me to trust and truly love,
Though at the time I did not see.
And even when I told him good-bye for a while,
He never ever left.
Sure he was gone in body,
But his soul was an indelible part of me.
The thought of him was with me every day.
And it made me realize in a different way
Just how much I need them both in my life.
These two are the dearest blessings God could have ever bestowed.
For I love them both with all my heart.
They've opened up doors and windows to my soul.
And helped me to be the person that I am...
Helped me to learn who I am and what is truly important to me.
The more I learn about them, the more I learn about me.
And this knowledge only increases the gravity and intensity of the love I bear for them.
As I looked for gifts for you this year,
I realized that nothing could ever express how I feel.
And I thought the best possible gift I could ever give,
Is the expression of love in my own words.
This is the only material thing that could ever come close to expressing what I feel.
For the both of us, guilt won't change the past.
What counts isn't what happened last,
But what we learned.
I learned that I am my father's daughter-
And I love him for that.
I wish him every happiness his heart desires,
And I promise to relish every moment we have-
Good and bad.
Because now that we have each other,
We can face it all together.
And wheatever differences we may have had,
We've worked through them all.
And I want you to know
I will always love you dearly
And Merry Christmas, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment