ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Much To Learn!!!

I started on a new venture recently. It began with Facebook. I kept finding family & they kept finding me. Although not the most conventional way to get to know someone, when you have a family as big & as extended as the one I do, you work with what you're given. The Hewkos I have known are all the West Coast Hewko families. & some 15 years ago, I met many of our Canadian relatives. Along with being quite extensive, it can also be one big gossip & drama fest, of which I am definitely NOT a fan. Years ago, I took a sabbatical from the Hewko family for this very reason. Too much gossip & drama for me. I have slowly integrated myself back in from a distance.
Recently, with all the contact I've made & had with the family I've met, as well as the family I have yet to meet, I have become quite curious. Many questions have been posed by myself and others about the family. On a whim, and after much deliberation with cousins & second cousins, etc... I set up a group page for the Hewkos & their extensive family. One thing has led to another & now we're getting all sorts of information! I've been posting old family photos & in turn, others have begun to do the same. There are a few family trees going now too. One of my second cousins, Lynn, has been working on a Hewko family tree for over a decade! & another of my second cousins, Donna is also preparing a tree. The interesting thing is that Lynn is from California & Donna is from Canada. It will be curious to see if we get more of the Canadian take & more of the Californian take from them both.
& in this fashion, I have taken a note & started now to compile the information I have regarding the Gee/ Lee side of my family tree. My Grandmother had already done quite a bit of work on this subject & traced us back to China, Ireland & Australia on the Gee side. I need to find out more about my Grandpa Joe Lee's side of the family as well.
In the midst of all of this, there remains the mundane activities of everyday life.... work, more work, maybe some knitting, poetry reading or writing, book reading, cooking, working out, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment