ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Monday, October 11, 2010

Seattle Out of the Darkness Walk

Alright, let me just say that yesterday was fantastic! The Seattle Out of the Darkness Walk was pretty incredible. the count was 660 people who registered & checked in, plus at least 200 more. Let me just say that it is truly incredible to see a decent sized group show up to support such a great & much needed cause! The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has just recently opened a new Chapter here in Washington, which is totally awesome.I was honored to be a part of the event.

I was talking to Marianne, my boss' wife, today & explaining to her that there is only one volunteer in the entire state of Washington to advocate for this cause. Marianne thinks I should devote some of my time lobbying for this great cause. She believes that I could truly do some good by volunteering to lobby with the politicians and such. I really think I could do some good also. I am pretty determined when I am passionate about something.

Same topic, but a different side... I am starting now to raise money & get a team together for the next one! Any & all ideas are welcome. I've already got a few. Knitting headbands to sell/ putting a collection cup out @ work... The sky's the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment