ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Monday, October 25, 2010

It Can't Rain All the Time

The liquid sunshine has finally arrived here on Whidbey. It brings with it a gusty wind. Although I will miss the glorious sunshine and its' early rising & late setting, I am, in a way, looking forward to snuggling up with some Tea, Coffee, or Cocoa, a nice fuzzy blanket & a good book or a fun knitting project... & anyone who knows me, knows I have plenty knitting to do! =)
Speaking of rain, there's also a different sort of storm brewing. So many different dynamics in such an extensive family! Emotions are being stirred for certain. A loss that resonates through time & has impacted so many lives. So much pain still hides in the cracks of time and space. How much would have changed if just one thing had been different?

On that note, a poem in the works, but not yet finished...

A baby died
A family quietly cried
The father retreated
The mother was defeated
But what about his brother?
Did anyone see him suffer?

My heart is so very heavy
The tears fill my eyes.
the pain he has carried
is running through my mind.

How could I not see
it was impossible to ignore.
the burden that was his
the sorrow he endured.

How can I tell him
how can i make him see
That anger & regret
won’t ever change a thing.

Regret won’t change the history
Sorrow won’t rewind the time
Guilt won’t drown out the misery
In the end, we must resign.

A resignation of the anger & rage
Anything that will get us out of this place
Once we let go of all of our hate
There's more room for the things we appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment