ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Seattle Out of the Darkness Walk at Green Lake Park

So far, this week has been busy. The most eventful part of the week is preparing for the Seattle Out of the Darkness Community Walk. The Walk benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I think it is a wonderful thing to have a group that shows such an immense amount of support for suicide prevention & also for the loved ones who have been left behind.
I think that knowing someone either directly or indirectly who has been affected by suicide in some way, can change a person. I also think that them knowing there are people there for them can also save a life. The amount of suicides that take place is alarmingly high. It is said that every 16 minutes, someone commits suicide. Scary facts.
Something I'm not ready to go into detail about, but I have first hand experience on the subject.
I walk to show support for all the loved ones left behind & to help people realize there is always another option! Choose life!

No comments:

Post a Comment