ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Monday, July 13, 2015

Peace of Mind

I'll never lose my soul
To save that of your own.
That life that you were building,
Will live on in your children.
It's sad that you choose not to know them.;
But that won't keep me from being my own person.
I thought what we had was finally golden...
Yet I look and all I see is it's still broken.
I wish you saw me from within,
But all you choose to see is my sin.
I can't give up who I am
Just to be who you think I am
Or even who you think I should be.
It wouldn't be me.
It lives on, but you choose not to see
Any of us three.
I won't feel bad;
I'm not in the wrong...
I can't feel sad,
For following my heart's song.
You make me feel like I am caught...
Like you'll love me for pretending to be who I am not.
That's not something I can do...
Change my life just for you.
You weren't there before,
But now you choose to ignore.
I'll live on with peace of mind,
Knowing that I found what I came to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment