ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Unexpected

I don't know how I met you;
I don't know why;
I can't turn away;
And my heart won't lie.
Is this confusion that I feel?
Or is it a test of truth?
Is it possible that it could be love?
If so, can it be real?
I fear the unexpected,
For the unexpected is what keeps me here.
I am anxious to know
What this truth will hold.
I am searching only for the truth of my heart.
Is it a yearning to start things new?
Is it a longing to remember the past?
How will I know what is real?
Do I already know the answer to that?
It is very possible to love him
And it is true that all other love will last;
For I find it already has.
Time and distance won't  change the things I feel.
I love him more now than I ever have,
But is it changing?
The void I have felt for so long...
The longing that once was there...
Is it gone?
I fear the unexpected;
For the unexpected is what keeps me here.
I am anxious to know
What this truth will hold.
I am searching only for hte truth of my heart.
My love for him is never changing,
Yet my love for the other only grows with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment