ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Out of Heartbreak Comes Redemption

So, yesterday was a day for great reflection. Miya and I went to Mass and to my surprise, Fr. Leo Boyle was in town, saying our Mass for us. I haven't been in contact with him in quite a few years, however, I'd be stupid to deny that he was hugely instrumental in my return to the practice of the Faith. When my heart was shattered and broken beyond what I thought was humanly possible, when I was lost and in need of direction and guidance, we began corresponding. He heard about my marriage outside the Church. He hearrd about my confusion and anger. He heard about how truly lost I was. He was exactly who I needed in that moment and, although it still took me a few years to eliminate my will from the equation, by God's grace, and with Fr. Boyle's helping hand and prayers, I was able to move beyond my own will to see that God's will is all that matters and is the only way to find true peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment