ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Monday, July 13, 2015

Where Did My Star Go?

There are times when I sit and wonder
Where did I go wrong?
For when I look at people I've met or places I've been,
I can't imagine how time takes so long...

I say time, for that's what makes the world go 'round;
That's what changes our course in life.
It alters feelings and thoughts;
It brings sorrows as well as joys;
And it reminds us to keep our feet on the ground.

With all the changes life brings,
There come new beginnings in everything...
New obstacles, new friends,
New relationships , new interests, and new ends.
Some bring lsughs and hopes; others bring sorrows and pangs.

I used to think I had an angel
Who entrusted me with a special star
That shines bright each and every night
For all the good I might have done.

But when the time comes for most things to fall apart,
It makes it quite difficult to see my star.
Then I wonder, " Where did my star go?"
And "Why doesn't it shine when I feel most in need?"
Which is when I remember I have to make the start.

The star shiens because of the good that I do;
Because of the things that give me joy and hope and love...
And when my star begins to fade,
I am the only one who can make it shine bright ~
I can turn it from blue...
Which is what I must do.

I must get on with my life
And not dwell on the mistakes of the past.
And every little bit of hope makes my star shine
Just a little bit brighter...
Hope for brighter things to come.

Then I don't have to ask,
"Where did my star go?"
Because deep down I will always know
That I simply have to keep on hoping
And moving on for the ever changing things I believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment